Interviewing and hiring for immediate positions throughout Tampa Bay
Statewide Patrol Protection Services (SPPS) is looking for Experienced Armed Security Officers to join our Team. We are currently interviewing candidates for open and future contract posts.
SPPS is a Florida Licensed Security Company(B3000020) that provides physical security (armed and unarmed), executive protection, patrols, site assessments, consultations, and more. We can also facilitate private investigation services, video & alarm monitoring, D & G license classes, firearm instruction, and more, through our licensed partner company affiliations. We utilize the latest equipment, software, and training We strive to provide a safe environment for people to live their lives without the worry of their safety, security, and well-being.
Do you want to make a difference in this current world? Are you someone who is passionate about protecting the lives of others? Are you ready to team up with those who empower others to be their best? Would you like to be a part of a team that uses the latest and best equipment, technology, and training methods in the industry, taught by top professionals and accredited organizations. If you want to make the world a safer place, then SPPS is the place for you.
The ideal officer is responsible for acting as a deterrent, a helping hand, someone to render first aid and someone present to stand up against those who seek to do harm. On behalf of our clients we are protecting life, property, and reputation. The SPPS Officer will be careful to execute our six-point process to “Deter, Detect, Defuse, Defend, Deliver and Debrief” ®
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Officer will: (Including but not limited to)
· Provide high quality security services to protect our client’s people, property, & reputation.
· Perform security patrols of designated facilities & surrounding areas on foot or in vehicle.
· Direct traffic and drivers on private property or where allowed by law.
· Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
· Report safety concerns, security breaches & unusual circumstances both verbally & in writing.
· Investigate & prepare reports on accidents, incidents, & suspicious activities.
· Maintain written &/or computerized logs & reports as required by policy and post orders.
· Detain & question trespassers & criminals as applicable by law, policies, and post orders.
· Sound alarms, notify police, fire, EMS, etc. as applicable to circumstance or incident.
· Review & monitor surveillance equipment and alarms.
· Warn violators of rule infractions, (i.e. loitering, smoking, carrying forbidden articles, etc.)
· Observe personnel as applicable to ensure only authorized removal of property occurs.
· Provide aid to clients, employees & visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
· Build, improve, & maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
· Ensures that equipment is operational & does not pose a safety risk as applicable.
· Preserve order and act to enforce regulations & directives for the site for all persons.
· Maintain awareness & familiarity with the site-specific operations manual & post orders.
· Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned & approved equipment & supplies.
· Maintain any applicable state, county and municipal licensing, permit, or certifications required by law or company policy.
SPPS Qualifications and Requirements
To perform successfully, as an SPPS ARMED SECURITY OFFICER, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as allowed by State and Federal law pertaining to armed security officers.
Our ideal candidate is attentive, motivated, and reliable along with the following:
Current or former (one or more of the following):
· Experienced Armed Security Officer
· EMS (firefighter, paramedic, EMT)
· Military (Infantry, MP, other Tactical MOS,)
· Law Enforcement/Corrections.
Must be able to provide, upon job offer:
· Security, EMS, Law Enforcement:
o Proof of experience & training (i.e. Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, References, etc.)
· Current/Former Military:
o Will verify with specific branch(es) and CO: Years of service, MOS, etc.
o For prior military a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated
Requirements (for posted position):
· Must be able to work legally in the USA, as an armed security officer.
· Must have a high school diploma or GED (college degree preferred)
· Must be able to read, write and clearly speak English proficiently.
o (additional languages are a preferred).
· Must be 21 years or older. (Position requires pistol ownership & licensing).
· Must possess active and clear Florida "D" and "G" Licenses.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and/or means to get to and from site(s) on time.
· Must own a full-sized, modern duty pistol & 3 magazines.
o (i.e. Glock 17, 22, 21, *45, *19; S&W M&P 9mm, .40, .45; SIG P320, P226 9mm, .40, .45; Springfield XD9, .40, .45). * G license must match caliber in possession (FDACS CFP).
*Some compact handguns allowed. Will discuss other handguns if not on this list.
· Must own a level 2 or 3 black holster, & a black duty belt.
· Must have black boots (polishable/waterproof)
· Must have CPR/AED certification. (AHA, ARC, etc.)
· Must successfully complete a criminal background screening and pass with a clean history including no felony convictions, acts of violence, perjury or false statements, stalking, etc.
o Must be shown to have good moral character.
· Must pass a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test as well as random post-employment.
May Be Required to: (Pre-employment or post-employment)
· Pass a shooting & firearms proficiency skills test.
· Pass a (PFT/PAT) Physical Fitness Test/Physical Abilities Test. (CJSTC)
· Pass a medical exam administered by a licensed medical professional.
· Pass a psychological exam administered by a licensed medical professional.
· Pass a polygraph administered by a certified examiner.
Condor Combat or Trident Shirt (Tan), Condor Sentinel Tac Pants (Olive Drab), Condor TCM hat (Coyote Brown). *Other brands closely matching colors and style may be approved. Uniform costs will be deducted from each pay period until paid off (maximum of $15 per pay period)
Carrier will be loaned out and collected each shift, as well as other items as necessary.
We are a tobacco and drug-free company. There is no smoking allowed on any post, company vehicle, or while in company uniforms. Additionally Illegal drugs, per federal, state, and local laws or ordinances, as well as other tobacco/nicotine products via vaping, dipping, chewing, etc. are also prohibited.
Other items prohibited while on duty:
Chewing on sunflower seeds, gum, and other items.
Using mobile phone or devices for personal use (except in emergencies).
Using foul or offensive language.
Any visible tattoo must be able to be covered via sleeves, turtleneck, or tattoo cover-up in a safe and hygienic manner.
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Active listening skills
· Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
· Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
· Attention to detail
· Highly organized and ability to follow procedures concisely and consistently; high level of compliance and unwavering integrity to oversee and ensure policies are enforced in a self-directed environment.
· Must be able to frequently prepare reports and read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
· Must have demonstrated ability to interact professionally and communicate with clients and the public
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
· While performing the duties of security officer, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone and radio equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
· The employee must be able to walk (up to 4 hours continuously), stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle.
· The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 40+ pounds.
· May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
· Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination in carrying out officer duties.
· Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain, heat, sun, etc. Additionally you may be assigned posts that may have loud noises, music, etc.
· Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
· Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
· Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
Statewide Patrol Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.